Superb quality, great choice, fab prices!
2013 : Wedding Show Dates
UK WEDDINGS, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena Show, 26th - 27th January stand 7
The National Wedding Show, Olympia London 22nd - 24th February stand B56
The National Wedding Show, NEC, Birmingham 1st - 3rd March stand B28
Cookies & your privacy
Cookies and Privacy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that may be placed by a web site on a user's PC. They are used to store information that may be needed while browsing the site, or on a future visit. This may include personal data, or anonymous information such as previously visited pages or items stored in the shopping cart. Most websites set them and many cannot function properly without them. Typically they just contain a long string of letters and numbers set at random so that the server knows that a visitor is the same as before. This means, for example, that someone can log in to a website and stay logged in.
New legislation ref. cookies?
A recent (2011) change in EU regulations requires that consent must be obtained before using any cookie that is not 'strictly necessary' for the functioning of the site. It is not yet clear how this will be interpreted in law.
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
1. Specifically excluded from the scope of the regulations:
ACTINIC_CART Records the session file of the shopping cart.
2. Consent is obtained before use provided agreement to the Terms and Conditions is enforced in the checkout (the default setting), and the Terms and Conditions retain the default cookie statement:
ACTINIC_BUSINESS The login digest for logged in customers.
ACTINIC_CONTACT Checkout 'Remember Me' function - stores contact information to avoid the need for re-entering for subsequent orders.
3. Necessary for the correct functioning of the associated elements of the site:
ACTINI_REFERER Returns the customer to the last page visited after completion of the checkout.
LAST_SECTION_URL Used by the 'Back' link on the Product Page, to return the visitor to the correct Section Page.
ACTINIC_RECENT Records the image filename(s) for the 'Recently Viewed Products' list, if enabled.
CART_CONTENT Stores the cart value and item count for the shopping cart summary.
None of the final four types stores personal data. The first two expire on closing the browser. Expiry period of the second two is set to 24 hours.
You can disable cookies in your browser option settings either entirely for all websites, or for a single domain. Please note that you will no longer be able to buy anything from us, because our shopping cart cannot store information specifically for you without a cookie.
Can I see which cookies are used?
Yes, in your browsers privacy settings you can browse all of the cookies saved on your computer and also see the contents of the cookie. You will see that it has a name and a code along with an expiry date, you can delete them after you have used any website if you so wish.
Use of third party cookies?
We do not knowingly expose you to any third party cookies, nor do we use any third party for any analytics, advertising or tracking data etc.
OUR MORAL & ETHICAL POLICY
COMMITED TO ETHICAL TRADING
We support Ethical Trading and especially the movement to promote improved working conditions for workers throughout our supply chain. We actively encourage our suppliers to comply with National Law and international labour standards and general common sense good and fair practice.
We are especially aware of the dangers to migrant workers, part timers, women and home workers and of course we have particular concern to ensure that there should be no exploitation of children in the production of any of our products.
We seek to ensure that we and our suppliers meet at least the following labour standards:
- Employment should be; free and not forced, bonded or involuntary and employees should be free to leave with notice should they wish to. Deposits, ID papers and other materials should not be required to be lodged with employers
- Child labour will not be used.
- No racial, sexual or other forms of discrimination are practiced
- Conditions of work are safe and hygienic, specific attention should be paid to avoiding injury and accident as a result of employment. Workers should be trained properly. Safe drinking water and sanitary conditions for the storage of food should be provided.
- Rights to collective bargaining and freedom of association should be allowed
- An open attitude should be adopted by employers to Trades Unions
- Excessive working hours should not be worked and a fair living wage should be paid in accordance with national legal standards.
- Where possible regular work should be provided, subject to National Legislation.
- Physical, sexual or verbal abuse or any form of harassment is prohibited.
- Sensitive information held on employees will be treated discretely and in confidence and not used in any for coercion or exploitation
We encourage and seek external advice, reports and inspection and would seek to act in a timely manner should we receive any information which would suggest that any of our suppliers is failing to comply with our standards.
We are sensitive to the needs of employers, the need for economic good sense and the need to be given a chance and so we work together with managers to try and improve conditions with a team approach. Should serious breaches of good practice persist, we undertake to terminate such a relationship.
We undertake to try and work with our suppliers to have realistic time frames to produce goods such that they do not feel pressured into breaching standards.
We do not have any involvement as a company with the production, distribution or selling of military arms.
We will not be involved in the violation antitrust or completion laws and seek to provide a fair product at a fair price. We will always compete fairly with our competitors and not breach third party intellectual rights.
We will deal honestly with government bodies and third parties. We will not indulge in bribery or falsification.
Ethical Trading Standards are the responsibility of the whole company in any purchasing decision and are co ordinate and reviewed and resourced at Board level.
We seek to source goods produced in an environmentally responsible manner. We seek to minimize the impact on the environment in the production and distribution of our goods by disposing of waste responsibly, minimizing the use of packaging and scarce resources, where possible recycling. We seek to minimize within the confines of safety the use of energy in the production processes.
This standard can be considered as a public announcement, to both customers and suppliers alike, of our intention to comply with ethical trading standards.